When applying for service please bring along:
• The appropriate service charge.
• Your Barbados Identification Card, your Passport or Driver's Licence.
• A security payment to cover three months of electricity bills is normally required on all services except residential services for Barbadian residents.
• An Electrical Inspection Certificate of Approval from the Government Electrical Engineering Department, Bay Street, if you are applying for:
- The installation of a new service.
- The reconnection of an existing service that has been disconnected for more than six (6) months.
- The reconnection of an existing service for which the wiring has been modified.
Applications made on behalf of a Company, organisation or any other entity should be signed by a person authorised to act on that entity's behalf and be either accompanied by a certificate of Registration or Incorporation, and a covering letter or stamped with the Company's official stamp.
Payment of all bills on a service shall be the responsibility of the person signing the application unless the application is made by a person authorised to sign on behalf of a Company, organisation or other entity registered under the Laws of Barbados in which case the bills will be the responsibility of the Company, organisation or entity.
You may call us at (246) 626-4300 or query at our offices should you need any further information.
» Click here to download - Notice Of Inspection Form