The Barbados Light & Power Company Limited may change this policy from time to time by updating this page.
What We Collect
We may collect the following information:
• Contact information, including email address
• Demographic information such as postal code
• Other information relevant to customer surveys
What We Do With The Information We Gather
We require this information to provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
• Our internal record keeping
• Improvement of our service
• We may periodically send an email about the information we think you may find interesting using the email address you have provided.
• From time to time, we may also use your information to contact you for market research purposes. We may contact you by email, phone, fax or mail.
• You should be aware that some of your personal information is already in the public domain, and as such, we have no obligation to keep that information confidential. Nevertheless, we will not share your personal information with a third party unless required to do so by law.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. To prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have placed suitable physical, electronic, and managerial procedures to assist in safeguarding and securing the information we collect online. However, please be aware that no security measures are perfect or impenetrable. Therefore, we can not guarantee that unauthorised persons will not view the information collected on this website. We are not responsible for the circumvention of any security measures we have put in place on this website.
Links to Other Websites
Our website may contain links to enable you to visit other websites of interest easily. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not control that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information you provide whilst visiting such sites, and this privacy statement does not govern such sites. You should exercise caution and examine the privacy statement applicable to the linked website.